Friday, February 18, 2011

Weeks 34-35...arrival of the nester

So, I am a bit late on this one...wow, what a surprise!  I hope this isn't the mother I turn out to be.  Starting off strong and consistent and then with time becoming more and more slack.  So, my animal for the week is:

A Bird!  Yeah, yeah I know what you are thinking..."Big Bird is a dude!"  Yes, this is true but I couldn't resist choosing him because of the shape of his body and those bird legs sticking out under that huge belly.  It reminds me of someone I saw in the mirror this morning:

                                                                     35 weeks, baby!!!
So, I have obviously picked the bird because my "nesting" instinct has arrived full steam ahead.  We have spent the last two weekends getting the little guy's nursery ready which includes all clothes washed and finding a place to put everything.  This has required some creativity in our cute little New Englandy home, but we've done it.  There are just a few items left to get, then I will be proud enough to show a pic of the nursery...talk about waiting until the last moment!  Oh well, our son doesn't seem to mind.  He's happy as a clam doing jumping jacks on my bladder these days.

This past Monday was Valentine's Day.  Being the huge, lame tired pregnant person that I have become, we decided to stay in.  I did make Kelsey his favorite dinner, parmesan chicken.  And then I added my comical personal "romantic" touch by pulling out some candles that would typically be used at either a devotion shrine or a bathroom (since we didn't have any normal long wick candles.)  But where nobody can compete with my romantic ways was the added touch of the Dunkin' Donut napkins (since I brought home about 100 extra from a breakfast I did last week.) 

   This is why I love my husband...doesn't care about the candles or napkins, as long as the food is good:)
All that aside, we had a lovely dinner and reflected on the fact that this was going to be our last Valentine's Day where it would be just the two of us...kind of a weird thought!  On a more serious note, we talked about how we both have heard about couples losing sight of each other when they have kids.  We both agreed that we would make sure not to do this, that despite how much our son was going to change our lives-we still needed to value and love each other.  So we made a promise to one another to keep it real!  Dunkin' donut napkins, devotion candles and all!  Which was perfect timing because the next time I post on this blog, we will officially be "at term."  Whatever the heck that means!

No comments:

Post a Comment