Thursday, February 3, 2011

33 weeks...the value of la familia

33 weeks...less than 2 months to go!  I am thinking that all my posts from here on out are going to start with comparing myself to a large animal.  Kinda like when we watched Sesame Street and there was a new letter for each episode.  So, this week's animal is going to be an orangutan.  As you can see in the below picture, this lovely creature has quite the flattering body.  The shape of it's body reminds me of my own these days, especially the belly actually sitting on her lap.  Lovely, isn't it?

Between the belly and the lovely toned arms...I'm noticing some similiarities here!!!

This past weekend my awesome Aunt Janie and Aunt Patty threw me a baby shower in upstate NY.  It could not have been a more perfect weekend!  My wonderful mother and sister flew up from down south to be here for the awesome occasion, too.  What a treat it was to be surrounded by both my mother and my father's side of the families.  Some of my mother's dearest friends from upstate NY were also there, and it was so nice to see them after so many years.  After such a great weekend, I felt humbled to be part of such a large family with so many special women.

                         I have an elephant theme in the nursery...isn't the cake precious?
My Aunt Janie and Godmother

My Aunts Rosie, Krissy, Margie, sis Michele and Grandma Primeau


Aunt Patty (hostess with mostest), Mom, Aunt Janie (hostess with mostest), cuz Laura

                                                                          My cuz Erin
                                                    Second cuz Aubrey, sitting on her 3rd cuz!

                                             Grandma and Grandpa Kerley-Mom's parents
Which leads me to this week's theme...the value of the family.  I know, you are probably thinking "how cliche."  But, really...how often do we take the time to reflect on what a family really means to us?  We often don't because we know they have always been and probably always will be there for us no matter what.  But that is what makes having family the biggest blessing in our lives.  There is that unconditional love you cannot find anywhere else. Whether it is siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins...there is a unique warmth and connection one can only experience within his or her family.  Nobody knows us as well as those who have known us since we came out of the womb.  Although these relationships are the most complex, they are also the deepest and the most meaningful.  I guess the whole point of this post is to take the time to say thank you to our families, and to encourage you to do the same.  Kelsey and I are extra blessed because both of our sides provide that warm connection I am speaking to.  Every individual adds grounding to our lives, so thank you!  What is even more amazing to me is our son gets to experience this wonderful blessing.  I hope we can teach him the value and blessing of having a family early on.

No comments:

Post a Comment