Wow, I cannot believe it! EIGHT months preggos...how did this happen?!? OK, I mean I know how it happened but when you are pregnant making it this far seems like centuries away. And then, one day you wake up (for the fifth or sixth time that night) and you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and one will ask herself...."WHO is that 17th century victorian maiden in the mirror in my 200 year old house? It MUST be a ghost...surely it isn't ME!!!"
The Maiden
So, here is my conclusion about what happens throughout the pregnancy journey (so far.) 1st trimester...Mrs. Pukes Alot (I don't think I need to go into this any further to explain this title.) 2nd trimester...Mrs. Cocky Pants (Feel like a million bucks and feel the need to let everyone around me know and understand that I am invincible.) 3rd trimester...Mrs. Humble Pants (Feel like a fool for being so cocky, considering how entertaining it is for her husband to watch her make her graceful attempt to tie her own shoes.)
All humor aside, another conclusion I can humbly make is that with each passing day, Kelsey and I become more and more excited about the day we get to meet our son. We are in the stage of pregnancy where the little guy is becoming a bigger guy and we can see his body parts pressing outward. He's moving around all the time now, making sure that we know his arrival is just around the corner! I do not want to wish away this pregnancy though..every moment of it is special and carrying our son is a gift.
Last weekend, we were lucky enough to have my Aunt Janie and Uncle Frank come to the lovely Beantown for a visit. My Aunt Janie is also my godmother. We had a great time, especially in the city at our fave Italian restaurant in the North End...Panza! It's always fun to share with others what our New England life is like. We are very fortunate to have family within 3 hours of where we live.
I shall end this blog post with my beloved husband's quote of the week...after I told him I was weighing in at a hefty 164 lbs, his reponse was "Good! I still weigh more than you, so that's all that really matters." He's fired!


Oh my gosh, your belly is HUGE! You look awesome, though - great pic of you with Janie and Frank.
ReplyDelete