
My Belly Button
This past weekend we FINALLY started working on the baby room. It was fun for both of us to go through all of our shower gifts and find the appropriate places for them. I loved seeing Kelsey getting excited (although he was most excited about the toys, which doesn't surprise me.) I feel as if we are a bit behind on the timeline for getting the nursery ready, but then I had to ask myself "Who's timeline are we on?" Obviously, our little guy is going to arrive if everything goes as planned anywhere from 8-12 weeks from now. But there really is no need to put undue pressure on ourselves! All our son is going to want when he arrives into our crazy world is us...and food. I wonder why we are always rushing our lives, planning and asking for what the next big thing is.
Which leads me to the lesson I think I needed to be reminded of today...staying in the present. The here and now. Let me set this story up. First off, here is where my beloved husband is right now for business: (This is also why I don't have a belly pic for this week)

Puerto Rico, Baby!!!
Now, let me show you where Yours Truly is this week:
So, I would be lying if I didn't say I was somewhat irritated with this situation. Shoveling a foot and a half of snow seven and a half months preggers is not really my cup of tea. I was really frustrated, in a pretty negative mindset. All I could think about was how I needed to get my car ready for tomorrow, how I could dig my way out to the car, and how I was going to get to work the next day. Then, I took a step back and took in how pretty the snow looked. YES it's a pain, but look at how beautiful!
So, another lesson I hope we can pass along to our son is learn to appreciate and be present in the moment. We live in a society/world which enables our minds to constantly obsess about what's next, especially as wired as we are now. But often times we are so wrapped up in the future, we forget to accept and appreciate the here and now. So here's to here and now...all 1.5 feet of it! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment