I know, I am already slacking off going from weekly updates to a biweekly update. Oh well, from what my mommy girlfriends tell me...better start getting used to it! Having a list but not being able to get everything done. I'll just consider it a warm up!
Baby and Mom were very excited about Turkey Day!!!
So, the 23rd week was pretty quiet. I had to work a convention for work, and had lots of work to get done before Turkey day! Sorry to say, it was mostly work related.
For Thanksgiving, we mosied on over to my Aunt Janie's house for a wonderful famlily gathering. We really are spoiled rotten right now, getting to see most extended family within 3 hours. What a treat it was to be able to see both the Kerley and the Primeau side of the family for such a wonderful time of year. What a blessing it is to have grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins together at the same time.
The Cuz's...from left to right, Katherine, Jackie, and Laura
Grandma and Grandpa Kerley (my mother's parents)
Grandma Primeau (my father's mother)
Aunt Rosie (My father's sister)
Which leads me to the title of this blog...practicing gratitude. Why must we have a holiday every year to remind us to be thankful? Life is good! We have a new soul being added to the family, kicking and wiggling his toes and fingers as we speak. We live in arguably one of the most beautiful places of the country, with 4 seasons! We have freedom, something which should never be taken lightly. We have loved ones, and we have eachother. Whenever I get really stressed or wrapped up about something, I practice what my yoga teacher taught me...breathe. When you get up in the morning, thank God for EVERYTHING you can think of. Having the ability to get out of bed, having a roof over your head, having the ability to think, feel and reason. I hope Kelsey and I can teach or little guy this lesson early on, because it grounds you and enables you to see the world through clearer eyes. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment