
Yes, sadly I cannot blame the pregnancy on these random thoughts. They occur in my head all of the time!
In Kelsey's words..."Is it going to continue to get bigger? How much?" It sounds like my father has been giving him advice on how to talk to a woman and make her feel better about herself! Pic taken right before a marvelous prenatal yoga class!
This past week was a whilrwind! We had our 20 week ultrasound and the little guy looks healthy and happy. It was really neat when the ultrasound tech pointed out his organs: kidneys, heart, stomach, brain. She said he is still a week and change ahead on the growth chart...not really sure how I feel about that except a little scared about labor? Oh well what is most important to us is that he is healthy. He was eating while she was doing the ultrasound and it was so cute to see his precious little mouth move.
After the ultrasound, I went back to see my ob gyn. I brought to her attention that I am convinced I am CRAZY right now. Dang those hormones! Then to make matters even better, I started crying! And I am NOT a crier (as many of you know.) Don't know exactly why except that I have been one big fat emotional roller coaster. God love her, she was so sweet and supportive and reassured me that her "Type A personality" patients go through the crazy hormones more drastically than others...and it's perfectly normal! I said, "THIS is normal? I practice yoga, I meditate, I pray...and I'm still a wreck!" She said my "chi" was out of whack...NO KIDDING! Then she said I need to practice more yoga, get a massage and take more time for me and baby. She was right. In her words: "I am prescribing you/giving you permission/ordering you and your husband to take some more time for yourselves. The house projects will always be there, the lists of to dos will always be there, but this precious time will not. So TAKE THE TIME." What an awesome doc...and it's working! More yoga, more meditation, more down time.
Kelsey's dad came up to visit this week and it was a treat to have him. We were SO grateful to have both his company and his helping hands. He and Kelsey finished scraping and painting the exterior of the house, cleaned out our storage unit, cleaned out our basement and attic, and chopped down the dead tree in our front yard! It was also his father's birthday up here, so we got to celebrate in the North End with a fabulous Italian meal...and yes, of course Mike's Pastry! It was nice to see Kelsey and his father and the loving relationship they have. They truly enjoy one another's company and they have fun/laugh often together. I know Kelsey will be as wonderful of a father to our son as his father has been to him!
Kelsey and his dad, before they chopped down the tree!
Kelsey got to take his frustration with my raging hormones out on the tree...all that's left is a stump!


You should post the picture you sent me entitled, "where did my belly button go?"
ReplyDelete