This was a very fun weekend. I had one of my best girlfriends in town to visit and check out Beantown, and it was quite a treat. She is far more domesticated than I am, so it was also nice to be enlightened on baby stuff. To our surprise and dismay, there really isn't as much maternity stuff as one would think...even in Boston! What we found here could pretty much be found anywhere. But WOW! There is so much stuff to think about. I have to admit all of the shopping and learning about products really ended up overwhelming me. I also felt as if we are a little behind on the timeline on getting stuff. But I think one has to take a step back, take a few breaths, and remember that we're not quite halfway there. It will be fun to do the shopping, now that I have a pretty good idea what we need. My wonderful cousin Erin also sent me her registry list, which I took with me to find the items that were musts. It was very helpful, and I am very gracious to have her as a resource, too!
It was also fun to do the typical Boston touristy things...shopping on Newbury Street, checking out Salem, and doing a Duck Boat tour. Kinda gave me a visitor's perspective on this oh so cool city!
Another thing that happened this weekend is I seemed to have popped! I had a little bump, but it really seems as if overnight none of my pants (including my fat pants and eatin' pants) are fitting anymore. This does not suprise me, as every ultrasound has shown the little guy to be about a week ahead on the growth charts. Maternity clothes, here I come!
I tried to even pull it off with my regular work clothes by wearing a jacket today. Um, yeah...can we say fat man in a little coat????
He is ready to let the world know he is on his way!!!
Shopping in Boston!!!
I don't think I need to explain this one. Quack quack!




You look great!! Can't wait to see you and Rocko, oh and I guess Kelsey, in real life tomorrow :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! We had such a great time with you guys. Thanks for taking the time to come and see us...best Halloween treat ever! Love you!
ReplyDelete