Saturday, October 16, 2010

Arrival of the baby bump-17 weeks

Wow, I cannot believe that 17 precious weeks have already flown by!  Today was our 6th anniversary.  What a perfect day-we went hiking up to Mount Monadnock in New Hampshire and what a gorgeous drive!  New England is absolutely beautiful in the fall, and the drive up there and the hike were both breathtaking.  Today was definitely a day of reflection for both Kelsey and I.  We talked about how much we have been blessed to share so many experiences together (since we have been an item for 10 years!) and of course all of the exciting things to come.  We couldn’t help but feel grateful for what we have and what is to come.  Although the hike was only 4 miles, it was straight up and rocky the entire way.  It was more like 4 miles of bouldering!  When we were about ½ mile from the top, I wanted to give up and go back down.  It was freezing, I couldn’t feel my hands, and it was mobbed with people.  Not what I had envisioned for a leisurely day hike.  Kelsey squeezed my hand and said he really wanted to get to the top, especially because we were so close.  So (stubbornly), I pushed on to the top.  Thank goodness, because what an amazing view!  He was just what I needed to finish what we had started.  Hopefully he will be that encouraging during labor!






The baby bump has officially arrived!  Time seems to be flying by now.  We feel as if we have been racing “old man winter,” as there are plenty of projects to be completed on our little New England home.  Kelsey has been scraping and repainting the exterior of the house, power washing the fence, and doing countless other projects on “This Old House!”  I’ve been trying to consolidate and clean out the house to make room for baby, as well as keep the yard up. 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah!!! Oh. My. Gosh. You are pregnant! I'm totally pumped for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! Sorry for the late response...I am new at this whole blogging thing. OK, now I am going to go try to check out your blog if I can navigate it correctly:)

    ReplyDelete