Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pink Lint Balls

Yes we are already at 36 weeks with this bundle of joy! This pregnancy, physically has really not been that tough. Baby girl has been easy on her mama. I hope the same will happen once she arrives!

The psychotic nesting mode; however, has been in full force swing. Poor Kelsey having to deal with my irrational O.C.D. For Valentines Day I wrote in his card: "Thank you for not moving out and getting an apartment during this pregnancy even though I'm sure there were plenty of times you have wanted to." Every weekend has been filled up with honey do lists, house projects, and prepping the kiddos room for this big transition. We also threw my baby sisters baby shower for a big crowd, so it's been a little busy around here!

But in the midst of all the craziness, little things will happen in our day that will remind us what really matters. Ryder will add a few new words into his vocabulary and we can't help but be proud. I will see the girly-est tutu outfit ever and immediately get very excited about the fact that we are having a girl. Kelsey and I will take a few moments to pause and just enjoy each others company, talk about life, make each other laugh.

I get these weird "so that's what life is really about and this is what I think God wants us to appreciate" moments at the most random times. I've been washing loads and loads and loads of laundry getting baby girls room ready. As I was emptying out the lint vent of the dryer yesterday, I pulled out the biggest neon pink lint ball I've ever seen. It was a shock to my eyes because let's face it I'm not a very girly girl and red hair and pink clash terribly. So I never see these sorts of colors in our lint vent. But it made me realize the arrival of this baby girl IS going to bring change.

People say "oh second child it's just been there done that." Maybe in some aspects yes but in many others life changes as one knows it again. I'm very excited about having pink lint in my dryer from here on out:). Unless she's a redhead like her mother and then at some point I will let her come to the realization on her own that pink is just not a good color for us carrot tops! And maybe she will love pink so much that she won't care and then I will embrace that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment